Sunday, September 09, 2007

Nothing is as it Appears to Be....

I have some neat stuff on my needles and in my camera. And none of them appear now as they are intended as FO's. For instance, I'm taking a great class with Susan who is teaching us how to make Elizabeth Zimmerman's Baby Surprise Jacket. First class was yesterday and I coldn't wait to get home to do my 'homework'. Of course, in my enthusiasm, I knitted right past the increase line, so the afternoon was not without it's usually frogging, but my assignment is now done, and I'm ready for the next class. I just love knitting projects in a class, since I know they will be completed sooner rather than later. The Surprise Baby Jacket is being done in Encore Colorspun for my grand daughter to wear probably NEXT winter. Also nearing completion is a poncho for my son's girlfriend, being knit out of Sublime - only 10 more inches to go. This has actually been a wonderful exercise in a very, very basic lace knit, sorta kinda. And I can actually knit along in conversation without constantly referring to a chart. (Doesn't mean this hasn't been without it's fair share of frogging back, however....). I've also completed a hat for Addy with a duck's bill. Just have to sew on the eyes & I will post next time. Promised DD I'd knit the webbed footed booties as well. DD had better never again chastise me for ever dressing her in what she perceived as embarrassing garments when she was little!! (Though of course I never did that....)
Last but not least, I have to post some none-knitting photos. Not only are the Baby Jacket and poncho "surprises", but I was extremely surprised to see so many leaves turning when we drove up to Soldiers Hollow to watch the Border Collie sheep herding competition.
And I took these photos while out on Antelope Island on Labor Day. Can you see the wizardly, old man?
So this is what SLC, UT looks like tipped up. The apex is actually North Salt Lake. How cool it was as we drove home to identify the actual 'eyes'.
Cool rocket ship, no?

3 Comments:

Blogger Cheryl S. said...

We were admiring the changing leaves as we went up to Midway yesterday. Fall is definitely on it's way.

The colors for the Baby Surprise Jacket are great - very cheery!

5:38 PM  
Anonymous susan said...

Wow, you are a knitting fiend! I think you made a good choice with the Encore.

5:57 PM  
Anonymous Heather Joins The Round said...

I love how the stripes go sideways.

Wish I could take the class, it sounds like you're all having big fun!

3:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home