Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Knitting at the Utah State Fair

While I'm waiting to dial in to an early morning conference call, thought I'd try to get my blog updated. Loved Blogless Val's post about knitting socks while waiting, which is exactly how and why I was willing to wait two hours to see Terry Fador at the Utah State Fair! It was worth it and we sat in the second row and waited and waited. While my husband complained about people casting shadows on the pages of his book, I was able to knit well into the leg of my sock. I later decided to frog it, as it was going to be too big for may skinny ankles, but no matter, it was the perfect way to pass the time. I had also frogged it once before, because I thought it would be two small. Just call me Red Riding Hood....BTW, Terry Fador won "America's Got Talent". He's a ventriloquist/singer who is truly amazing. It was confirmed by one of the ushers that infact he'd been booked to the fair prior to his winning the competition. And how refreshing that someone seemingly so nice and hard working as well as telented actually won. And all it cost to see him was the price of admission to the fair. Also this weekend I finished and gifted the poncho I knit for DS's girlfriend. She loved it and the colorway, which she hand selected is perfect for her. The pattern is "Mary" from the fairly costly book, Laines du Nord Simple Knits Book 4 and knit in Sublime charcoal. Finished my EZ Baby Surprise Jacket homework assignment. Just LOVE working on this. And also a little pair of baby booties and the label is missing, but I think the yarn is Mirage Karabella. Hung out over the weekend at Great Basin Fiber Festival and took a beginning spindle class. I thought I might just be the one hopeless all thumbs failure, but at SNB, Susan and Laurie helped me see that I, too, can do this! I should post my blobs of 'spun' fiber, as it might give others hope.
Last, but not least, spent the past two days with my grandbaby! I am so grateful that we indeed migrated west so that we could be close to my kids and grand daughter. We celebrated DS' birthday last week, and he said it was his best birthday in years, since the last four he celebrated with no family. And he really meant it!

3 Comments:

Blogger Cheryl S. said...

Your BSJ is going to be very cute!

7:51 AM  
Anonymous Heather Joins The Round said...

I dig that yarn. Is it Opal?

I do miss living with family around. You're lucky!

8:48 AM  
Blogger Katherine Of It All said...

The grandbaby is so CUTE!

1:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home